Biomarkers Core Laboratory at the Irving Institute for Clinical and Translational Research is seeking a staff associate/senior staff associate with expertise in untargeted metabolomics, mass spectrometry, related data processing, and bioinformatics. This position will involve GC-HRMS and LC-HRMS profiling of endogenous and exogenous metabolites in support of precision medicine metabolomics and exposomics initiatives in partnership between Irving Institute for Clinical and Translational Research, the Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons, and the Mailman School of Public Health. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in biological mass spectrometry with technical expertise in untargeted analysis and processing workflows for high-resolution mass spectrometry data sets.
A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in high-resolution mass spectrometry and bioinformatics is required. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Establish and develop GC and LC-MS workflows for untargeted metabolomics.
- Develop and customize sample preparation protocols for complex biological matrices.
- Preparation and analysis of samples with both GC-HRMS and LC-HRMS Thermo Orbitrap MS.
- Develop and implement bioinformatics workflows for data extraction, feature identification, and OMICS data analysis.
- Operate, troubleshoot and maintain mass spectrometry instruments, including GC/LC Thermo Orbitrap MS platforms.
- Prepare data reports and standard operating procedure documentation.
- Interact with investigator clients to support sample management, study design, and data interpretation.
- Hands-on expertise in operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting Thermo Exploris GC240, Q-Exactive HFX, and Exploris 240 LCMS.
- Experience in conducting large scale, longitudinal unbiased metabolomics studies (design, sample preparation, QC monitoring, data analysis, and reporting).
- Expertise in various metabolite extraction techniques from tissues and other biological matrices.
- Demonstrated experience in applying bioinformatics and statistical software tools and suites to large, longitudinal untargeted metabolomics datasets.
- Experience in setting up well-validated targeted MRM based LCMS assays for small molecule analysis is desired.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, researchers, staff, and other personnel.
The compensation is commensurate with experience.